Ruptly
"Donald Trump said he would giving '2-3 days' - maybe 'early next week' - for an Iran deal as he spoke with the media about construction work on the White House on Tuesday. "They called me over the last two days to say they made a lot of progress. Because we have them negotiating with us. And primarily Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait a little bit, and Bahrain, and some of the others. And we have them negotiating with them. We're all working together," he said. He went on: "They knew I was getting ready to attack. I didn't tell them. I never tell anybody when. I never tell anybody when, but they knew that we were very close. I would say we were, I was an hour away from making the decision to go today. And we would probably not be talking about a beautiful ballroom today. We'd be talking about that. And no, I had made the decision. So they called up. They had heard I made the decision. They said, sir, could you give us a couple of more days? Because we think they're being reasonable. Well, I mean, I'm saying two or three days, maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday, something, maybe early next week, a limited period of time." On Monday, Trump told reporters he had been ready for a 'very major attack tomorrow' on Iran - but claimed Gulf nations had asked him not to. Those countries later said there weren't aware of any imminent attack. A ceasefire was declared in April, with proposals reportedly exchanged between the sides via Pakistani mediators. The Strait of Hormuz crisis has continued, with Iran closing it to 'unfriendly' countries and the US blockading Iranian ports. "
Go to News Site