Collector
'Without prior warning' - Israeli bulldozers demolish Palestinian cement factory near Ramallah amid fears of further settler unrest | Collector
'Without prior warning' - Israeli bulldozers demolish Palestinian cement factory near Ramallah amid fears of further settler unrest
Ruptly

'Without prior warning' - Israeli bulldozers demolish Palestinian cement factory near Ramallah amid fears of further settler unrest

"Israeli bulldozers demolished a cement factory in the village of Kharbatha Bani Harith on Wednesday, belonging to a Palestinian family, with locals fearing the expansion of illegal settlements. Footage shows bulldozers tearing down the factory as residents and workers inspect the damage. Omar Shamasneh, the factory manager, said the demolition was carried out without prior warning, noting that the family’s lawyer had been pursuing licensing procedures with the Israeli Civil Administration, affiliated with the Israeli Ministry of Defence in Beit El. Abdul Qader Anjas, a worker at the site, said the factory had been a primary source of income for many workers, contractors, and workshop owners. Mahmud Ebrahim, deputy head of the village council, accused Israeli forces of firing tear gas canisters, stun grenades, and live ammunition to disperse residents gathered near the site. "When I asked them what they intended to do at the factory, a soldier replied that they wanted to completely demolish it," he said. "Eviction orders were issued for almost ten houses. The area has become threatened since the establishment of the Al-Risan settlement," he added. The Israeli government had not commented on the demolition at the time of publication, though authorities have repeatedly stated that such measures target unlicensed structures. The incident came a day after Bezalel Smotrich issued a decision to evacuate the residents of the village of Khan al-Ahmar, accusing the Palestinian Authority of involvement in what he described as a 'secret arrest warrant' issued against him by the International Criminal Court, a claim denied by the PA. Tensions in the West Bank have continued since October 7, with the Palestinian Ministry of Health reporting that more than 759 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces or settlers. Official Israeli figures state that more than 26 Israelis were killed in attacks carried out by Palestinians in the West Bank during the same period."

Go to News Site