
Dish tops the charts with 50% audience jump
The food title has the biggest cross-platform audience of any lifestyle publication in NZ, new figures show. The post Dish tops the charts with 50% audience jump appeared first on stoppress.co.nz .
The food title has the biggest cross-platform audience of any lifestyle publication in NZ, new figures show. The post Dish tops the charts with 50% audience jump appeared first on stoppress.co.nz .
The Auckland Harbour Bridge. File photo: Getty Police in Auckland say planning is well under way ahead of a pro-Palestinian march that will shut the city's Harbour Bridge next month.
'Planning by firing squad' and 'a gun to the head of the city' are a sample of reactions.
Prime Minister Christopher Luxon has revealed that he received an enthusiastic response from Travis Kelce after extending an open invitation for the newly engaged American football star and Taylor Swift to celebrate in New Zealand. Grammy-winning pop icon Swift and Kelce, who plays in the NFL for the Kansas City Chiefs, announced their engagement on Instagram on Wednesday. Luxon revealed his exciting announcement at the Business Canterbury Prime Minister’s Lunch this afternoon. He said he received a response after sending a message yesterday to Kelce and Swift, congratulating them on their engagement, with Kelce jokingly asking if he could have an NZ passport. Prime Minister Christopher Luxon at the Business Canterbury lunch. Photo / George Heard “One of my best friends in America is actually in business with Travis, and he actually got a reply back from Travis, he loved the offer and asked jokingly whether he could get a passport. “I wish Taylor and Travis congratulations. I said to them I’d really love it if you came out to New Zealand for your wedding or your honeymoon, I think that’d be amazing,” Luxon said. In a video message shared on his official Facebook account earlier this week, Luxon congratulated the pair and painted a picture of the country as the perfect location. Luxon extended an open invitation to Swift and Kelce to host their wedding or honeymoon in Aotearoa. “Well, Taylor and Travis, a big congratulations on this fantastic news. Getting engaged is such an exciting time,” Luxon said in the video. Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's engagement. Photo / @taylorswift, @killatrav “Now I know you might not be thinking this far ahead, but there would be no better place in the world to have the wedding than here in New Zealand, or even your honeymoon.” Luxon highlighted some of the nation’s most iconic hotspots, such as Aoraki Mount Cook and the Waitomo Caves. He said that New Zealand’s people were “the best and the most friendliest in the world”. “I bet you, Travis, you would love to watch some rugby here too.” The initial engagement post made by Swift quickly gathered more than 16 million likes within a matter of hours. “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married,” they captioned the joint Instagram post. The photos featured a slideshow of moments from the proposal, along with a shot of the large diamond ring set in yellow gold. AUT senior lecturer in Critical Media Studies, Dr Rebecca Trelease, told Herald NOW’s Ryan Bridge this was a snapshot of the massive impact Swift has had in the media climate. “That’s really impressive in terms of impact. “Because if it’s a like, that’s not even just the people who have seen the post, that’s people who are really happy about the post, obviously. So that’s really impactful in terms of media coverage, especially in today’s age.” She said fans will be overjoyed for Swift after her 19-year history of sharing her personal dating journey as a young teen all the way to her mid-thirties. Their relationship began in July 2023 when Kelce went to an Eras tour show at the Chiefs’ home arena, Arrowhead Stadium.
Police say planning is well underway ahead of a pro-Palestinian march that will shut the bridge on 13 September.
Lease switches from Land Act to Conservation Act as DoC requests bids to run historic property. Pine foresters need not apply. The post Glimpses of Molesworth’s path ahead emerge appeared first on Farmers Weekly .
Stefan Huy and Bruni Gebauer-Huy are selling their two-bedroom home at auction. The property can only be accessed by stairs. Photo: Supplied Husband and wife travel writers Stefan Huy and Bruni Gebauer-Huy are selling their beloved Christchurch home after failing to solve a long-running dispute with the city council.
The hard yards in wool product development are at last bringing returns, a Southland wool event was told. The post Years of commercial effort paying off for wool exporters appeared first on Farmers Weekly .
Looking ahead, 2025 grape harvest yielded exceptional quality fruit – and 40% more of it. The post Delegat wine sales take hit, but profit soars appeared first on Farmers Weekly .
CCTV footage showed her last movements.
Photo: ODT Files Queenstown Primary School has reportedly received a threatening email sent to several schools in New Zealand.
Four seats are being contested by 10 candidates in the Waimakariri District Council’s Rangiora-Ashley Ward. Photo: North Canterbury News A battle is looming in Waimakariri’s Rangiora-Ashley Ward, with 10 candidates vying for four seats at the council table.
Footage from a small North Island town store is the first confirmed sighting of Tom Phillips in a year, nearly four years after he disappeared with his three children New CCTV footage believed to show New Zealand fugitive Tom Phillips and one of his children allegedly breaking into and stealing from a convenience store has been released by police. Detective senior sergeant Andy Saunders told media on Friday that investigators believe the pair in the video are Phillips and one of his three children, who vanished almost four years ago. It is the first confirmed sighting of Phillips in a year. Continue reading...
Over three years after disappearing with his three children, sparking one of New Zealand’s most mysterious manhunts, Marokopa fugitive Tom Phillips has been spotted again, this time breaking into a superette in a rural Waikato town. Phillips has been credibly sighted only a handful of times after disappearing with his children in December 2021, including a sighting linking him to an aggravated bank robbery and a close encounter in rural farmland with pig hunters. His three children, Jayda, Maverick and Ember were 8, 7 and 5 at the time they went into hiding. They are now 12, 10 and 9. Here is a record of all of the incidents Phillips is accused of being involved in and his sightings – confirmed and unconfirmed – so far. May 16, 2023: Phillips allegedly robs bank, shoots at supermarket worker Phillips allegedly robbed a bank and shot at a supermarket worker in Te Kūiti in May, prompting police to issue a warrant for his arrest on September 5. Police charged him with aggravated robbery, aggravated wounding and unlawfully possessing a firearm over the armed heist of ANZ Te Kūiti on Rora St on May 16. Tom Phillips is wanted for an aggravated robbery in Te Kuiti. Photo / Supplied / NZ Police Two people entered a bank on Rora St, Te Kūiti, Waikato, and demanded cash, acting Detective Inspector Andy Saunders said at the time. The pair then fled the scene on a black, farm-style motorcycle, Saunders said. Witnesses told the Herald two men, wearing all black and motorcycle helmets, entered the bank branch and were asked by ANZ staff to remove their helmets, which is when the robbery began. August 2, 2023: Phillips’ Bunnings shopping spree, and fight with member of public A spate of sightings around Waikato on August 2 reinvigorated efforts to find Phillips and his children. Police started doing door-to-door checks in Te Anga, Pomarangi and Marokopa Rd areas. Phillips was seen in two different Bunnings Warehouse stores, disguising himself with glasses and a surgical facemask and driving a stolen ute. He used cash to buy items which suggested he may have set up a campsite, including headlamps, batteries, seedlings, buckets and gumboots. Missing father Tom Phillips disguised himself while shopping at Bunnings. Photo / NZ Police 12.30pm: Phillips is spotted driving a stolen 2003 bronze Toyota Hilux in Pōkuru, south of Te Awamutu. 3pm-4pm: Phillips visits Bunnings Warehouse on Kahikatea Dr, Melville, Hamilton. Security footage captures him driving the stolen ute in the store’s carpark. 4pm: Phillips goes to Bunnings Warehouse on Te Rapa Rd, Te Rapa, Hamilton. Security footage from inside the store shows him wearing a beanie, glasses and a surgical facemask to hide his identity. 6.45pm: Phillips gets into a fight with the owner of the stolen ute in Kāwhia. The owner tries to run Phillips off the road. The owner also realises winter clothing is missing from his property. September 2023: Fourteen unconfirmed sightings Police revealed they had received 14 reports of sightings of Phillips throughout September. Saunders said: “Unfortunately, none of these reported sightings of Tom Phillips or the three children have been positive.” Jayda Phillips, Ember Phillips and Maverick Callum-Phillips. Photo / NZ Police Saunders thanked the community for sending in information and continued to ask for people to come forward. “Work is ongoing in efforts to locate them and this includes continuing to carry out area inquiries.” November 2, 2023: Phillips and child steal quad bike Phillips allegedly stole a quad bike from a rural Waikato property and then broke into a shop with one of his children on November 2. Police appealed for any sightings from the public of Phillips, his children or the stolen quad bike. Security footage from the Piopio shop shows the masked pa...
New Zealand police released CCTV showing an alleged burglary on New Zealand's North Island and say it shows fugitive father Tom Phillips and one of his children. Phillips fled into the wilderness in Waikato on New Zealand's North Island following a dispute with their mother just before Christmas in 2021 Family of New Zealand fugitive on the run for almost four years with his children plead for his return Continue reading...