
Overcrowding in NSW hospitals ‘worst’ some doctors have seen as winter illnesses clog emergency departments
State health minister Ryan Park says there have been more than 45,000 presentations to EDs over the past five days Get our breaking news email , free app or daily news podcast The New South Wales health minister has encouraged people to call the health hotline instead of going to emergency departments as a spike in winter illnesses has doctors saying overcrowding is the “worst they have ever seen”. In a statement released Thursday, Ryan Park said there had been more than 45,000 presentations to EDs over the past five days. Continue reading...