
Strictly Come Dancing star details 'highs and lows' as they celebrate milestone
Strictly Come Dancing professional Michelle Tsiakkas has been inundated with messages from her co-stars and fans as she marked a major personal milestone.
Strictly Come Dancing professional Michelle Tsiakkas has been inundated with messages from her co-stars and fans as she marked a major personal milestone.
Luke Rockhold and Dillon Danis were involved in a backstage brawl ahead of their respective fights on the Misfits 22 card on Saturday night
"I turned around to speak to my friend and the next thing it was gone out of my hand"
Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds has paid a heartfelt tribute to a popular Wrexham player, who even his own mother is fond of, after he left the club to join another team
Transgender shooter Robin Westman had been involved with a 'significant' partner, but the relationship recently ended, the killer's father told police.
La Liga game would be against Villarreal Plan also needs approval from Fifa and others Uefa will decide in September whether to approve a request by the Spanish football federation for Villarreal and Real Madrid to contest a La Liga game in Miami in December. European football’s governing body is expected to discuss the matter at its next executive committee meeting in Tirana on 11 September and, should no move be made to block the request, a landmark move will edge closer to reality. No major league has held a domestic game on foreign territory, despite prolonged attempts from the Spanish top flight to do so. Uefa’s signoff would clear a huge section of path, although the plan also requires approval from Fifa, US Soccer and Concacaf. Continue reading...
The election of the new co-leaders of the Scottish Greens has been overshadowed only one in eight members casing a vote.
"After more than two and a half years off air, Sudan’s Public Broadcasting Corporation is preparing to resume full operations in Omdurman. Footage captured on Thursday shows extensive damage to the broadcaster’s headquarters, including one of its news and talk show studios. Meanwhile, archival clips from April 2023 capture the moment live broadcasts were cut short by gunfire. "The television infrastructure was not as severely damaged as the radio facilities," said Mastour Adam Ismail, director of Sudan TV’s Khartoum office. "Once the power is fully restored, we can resume full television production across the board: news programmes, political content, and everything else." "Within a month or two, people will witness a powerful television network fulfilling its role more effectively than ever," he added. Moaz Musa Hamadallah, technical operations manager at Sudan's National Radio, described his time off air and the separation from his colleagues as an 'intensely emotional experience'. "Coming back together, both with the team and with the site itself, has reignited our passion and drive for a strong comeback," he added. The Sudanese army announced in March 2024 that it had recaptured the headquarters from the Rapid Support Forces (RSF). The building, situated in eastern Omdurman, Sudan’s second-largest city, across the Nile from Khartoum, was seized by the RSF at the outbreak of conflict in mid-April 2023. Since then, fighting between the army and the RSF has claimed more than 20,000 lives, left 33,000 injured, displaced nearly 12 million people and pushed over 25.6 million people into acute food insecurity, according to UN figures."
"Hundreds of Syrian families flocked to the Arida border crossing between Syria and Lebanon, returning to their towns and villages after being displaced for over a decade. It comes ahead of the new school year and as winter approaches. Footage filmed on Thursday shows trucks loaded with furniture queuing, and returnees reporting some difficulties entering the country - and long queues. “We have been waiting here since 7 o'clock yesterday and still haven't been allowed in. We don't know what will happen next. Perhaps we will have to spend the night here,” explained Yamen al-Rashid. “Previously, the procedures only took two hours; now, they take at least 24. It's really unfortunate,” he added. Jasim al-Ali added that only a few supervisors were working on the Syrian side. “Only three vehicles are allowed to cross every 30 minutes, compared to 15 at the Lebanese Jusiyah crossing.” However, some weren't going to let the wait dampen their spirits. “People are overjoyed to be returning to their towns and villages after being displaced for 14 years. They have had enough — there's no place like home,” said Firas al-Ali. Mazen Alloch, Director of Relations at the General Authority for Land and Sea Ports, stated that the recent overcrowding at the border crossings between Syria and Lebanon was due to a rumour that the authority would soon charge fees for the furniture. “The exemptions will remain in effect, and the services provided at the border crossings will remain free of charge to facilitate the return of refugees,” he added. Displaced families in Lebanon are seeking to return to their villages and cities in Syria, taking advantage of the facilities and extended departure deadline announced by the Lebanese authorities. This deadline expires on September 30, after which any Syrian in Lebanon without legal residency will be considered an illegal resident."
The court heard how a 50lb crossbow was bought for him by his mother
Israel says it has recovered the body of a hostage and the remains of another
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain won the Premier League and Champions League with Liverpool over six seasons but he later admitted that his exit from the club came about rather suddenly